Sunday, November 16, 2008

HALLOWEEN 2008

Our little pirate.
Originally, Gavin was going to be a pug, but we ran into a little bit of trouble along the way.  I bought the pug costume several weeks earlier to avoid the picked over mess you always find, but didn't realize the the size 3T costume I bought (which is a size larger than he normally wears) was WAY too small until ten minutes before we had to leave for a Halloween party.  Quickly we ran to the only drugstore in town that might have costumes and frantically searched through the picked over mess to find a suitable outfit for the party.  Luckily, we came across this pirate costume and thought that it might just work.  The costume change was probably for the best since it was around 90 degrees out.  Gavin would have roasted inside a plush dog costume.  He refused to wear the matching scarf to the party so Curtis sported it the rest of the night.



Our big pirate.



A pirate and a ladybug taking a break.



At trunk-or-treat with his pirate hat on.



A trunk-or-treat parade and costume contest.  I realize that I am the only one up there without a costume on.  I was there merely for moral support.



Trick-or-treating on Halloween night in Pacific Palisades.



The pirate with his booty.  
Let the sugar-rush begin.
Almost every Halloween shot I have of Gavin also has a sucker/lollipop in it too.  This kid likes suckers.  In fact, while trick-or-treating, if Gavin was allowed to pick out his own candy he would always dig through the bowl till he could find a couple of suckers to take.  At first I thought it was so funny, but then I started to get concerned about the lack of chocolate in his bag and wondered what I was going to eat.

No comments: